Why Head Start?
Eastern Oregon University Head Start is the best preschool and child care service in the area. We have 3 core values at Eastern Oregon University Head Start, they are:
- Regard parents as the first and most important teachers of their children.
- Include and honor each family’s unique cultural perspective.
- Support the whole child, family, and community.
our unique approaches to learning set us
a part from the rest.
We use a conscious discipline approach...
Conscious Discipline is an evidence-based, trauma-informed behavior management system that combines a four-part approach to social-emotional learning, discipline, and self-regulation.
we use a school readiness approach...
The U.S. Department of Education defines the five areas of school readiness:
1. Language and literacy development
2. Cognition and general knowledge
3. Approaches toward learning
4. Physical well-being and motor development
5. Social and emotional development
To enhance the resiliency of each family, Eastern Oregon University Head Start serves through high-quality relationships, developing generations of lifelong, empowered learners.
Stable and attached families living in communities with opportunities for everyone to succeed.